Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 April 2011

He Can't Derail the Plan!



Thanks to T. Getz for capturing this photo 
& adding the scripture!
If you know anything or hear anything about "being a Christian", you will most likely have heard 1 Thessalonians 5:18. 

 One translation reads, "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

For ME, when things explode in my life & the walls start crashing around me, I often find myself sulking in a corner feeling like the last part of that verse is a curse on me. But my God, who sees all things & knows all things, knows what I will encounter along the way is often allowing me to go through tough times to better prepare me for what will happen in the future. God doesn't let the road blocks that Satan throws in front of us derail His great plans! Satan wants to pull our eyes away from God. I believe that he tries to do this through hardship & tough life circumstances. However, if we keep our eyes on God in the tough times:

  • we learn valuable lessons, 
  • we grow stronger with the struggle, 
  • we open our eyes to the suffering of others around us, 
  • we soften our hearts to what God wants us to see, 
and so many more things!

And another cool thing... usually down the road God gives us a glimpse of how the tough times served to draw us closer to Him & bring honor and glory to Him.

I've been in a rough patch for some time now. I can't lie & say that it's easy to stay focused on God. But, in all sincerity, I couldn't make it without Him. He has never let any of His children down. He is faithful to save. God doesn't waste a single moment of our lives.

I encourage you (and remind myself) to learn from life's experiences while GIVING THANKS for how God will use them!


Shared with the Ann Voskamp One Thousand Gifts community on 11/12/12: 


No comments:

Post a Comment