Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 November 2009

Shape Your Future

Some days are so much harder than others. And, each of us faces challenges. 

I personally believe that Satan throws more ruble in the paths of those who are committed to & seeking after the paths of righteousness. 

It's easy to look at this moment's problems & easily forget about past blessings. As each day holds hardships at the hand of the devil, each day holds countless blessings from the Lord. We just need to open our eyes, look for them & SEE them! 


photo by T. Getz
Here's a thought for today
Look for great moments today; lock them in your heart; recall them in future times of hardship. Shape your future with the best of your past! 

As told to Jeduthun, the choir director, by Asaph in Psalm 77:11&12, "I recall all you have done, O Lord; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about them."

Shape your future with the best of your past -- through Him!



(posted 11/09)

2 comments:

  1. I hope this is just a throwback and you aren't suffering hardship today. Prayers, friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this for a short devotional that I shared weekly back in 2009. The years of 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 were especially ROUGH. But, God remained faithful!!!

      Delete