Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

30 May 2012

Too Big To Handle?

When you feel like you can't handle 3 weeks or 6 weeks or 9 weeks, you just handle one day...

Sitting here today, I realized how my little injury is somewhat like a bee buzzing around my head yet, never stopping to sting. Despite the size of my dilemma or the lack thereof, it's still a pain! 

The first three weeks sentence (no driving, no walking on trails, no bike riding, no aerobics, no hot tubs, no swimming pools, etc.) seemed a bit harsh but, manageable. The second three weeks has been much more of a challenge. The prospect of another three weeks and possibly another three weeks ... seems unbearable!

I needed a big reminder that the only way I should face challenges in life is one challenge at a time. I can handle "swatting that bee away" a few more times. I'm going to focus on the beauty that surrounds me. The gorgeous colors of summer are fading while being replaced by the rich colors of autumn. Autumn will be overcome with the crisp clear skies of winter. Perhaps in the winter I'll be back on those trails listening to the crunch of snow under my hiking boots. Regardless, if I open my eyes at THIS moment and look around, there will be beauty. Little things are often taken for granted but, those can bring me moments of joy. And really, can we really ask for more than moments of joy :)  Moments of joy sewn together create a life of joy!

"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul."
Psalm 94:19

(from the journals - Sept 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment