Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

01 March 2009

Caitlyn Young vs Caitlyn Old - 1 It's Okay to Sleep Around

NOTE: This is Caitlyn YOUNG!
About 10-15 years ago, a few things began to really "get under my skin" about a dear, cherished, beloved relative. I pondered those things & came to the abrupt conclusion that I too could easily slip into similar and perhaps the exact (gasp) behaviors. It was at that time that I began a new file entitled, "Caitlyn Young vs Caitlyn Old". About 2-3 times each year, I send the file to a few "sister friends" in the hopes that they will NOT let me edit the entries as I get older to suit my fancy. I'm beginning with the first entry & will add others throughout the coming months, years, whatever :) I began the file with a note to read each time I open it...

Dear "Old" Caitlyn,

As you continue to get "older", please DON’T FORGET the following these guidelines from the "Young" Caitlyn:


1. It’s okay to sleep around as you get older! As a matter of fact, it’s probably a good practice :) What do I mean, you ask :) Well, not everyone’s room is as dark as your room, not everyone’s room is as quiet as your room, not everyone’s bed or pillow is the perfect firmness, etc. If it’s difficult to be alone at home all the time and you get lonely, then you’ll have to "visit" other families & places. Don’t set yourself up to not be able to sleep well other places. And, certainly don’t complain about it when you have a less than perfect night. If at all possible, take a rest in the afternoon when you don’t sleep well during the night. Ponder upon the promises of the Lord... and rest! 



Scripture of the Day: "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment