Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

27 October 2016

Words of Wisdom by Buechner - #write31days 10-27-16

There are several writers who hit the ball right out of the park with their words, so to speak. Some that come to mind are C. S. Lewis, Maya Angelou, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Ann Voskamp

One writer whose words reach into the core of my being is Frederick Buechner. (from his websiteFrederick Buechner - pronounced BEEK-ner - is an American writer and theologian. He is the author of more than thirty published books and has been an important source of inspiration and learning for many readers. His work encompasses many genres, including fiction, autobiography, essays, sermons, and other nonfiction.) 

Here are some of my favorite quotes from Buechner:

"The sacred moments, the moments of miracle, are often the everyday moments."
~ Frederick Buechner, The Magnificent Defeat #quote

"Your life and my life flow into each other as wave flows into wave,
and unless there is peace and joy and freedom for you,
there can be no real peace or joy or freedom for me."
~ Frederick Buechner #quote

"Whatever else is withheld,
the shepherd never withholds himself."
~ Frederick Buechner, Secrets in the Dark #quote

"I not only have my secrets, I am my secrets. And you are yours. Our secrets are human secrets, and our trusting each other enough to share them with each other
has much to do with the secret of what it means to be human."
~ Frederick Buechner #quote

"You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach,
because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you."
~ Frederick Buechner #quote

"Joy is a mystery because it can happen anywhere, anytime, even under the most unpromising circumstances, even in the midst of suffering, with tears in its eyes....”
~ Frederick Buechner #quote

"The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.”
~ Frederick Buechner, The Hungering Dark #quote

For more Buechner quotes, we have an album on Pinterest and an album on Facebook.

5 Minute Free-For-AllWords of Wisdom by Buechner - #write31days 10-27-16

No comments:

Post a Comment