Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

09 September 2016

HEAL - Stop Picking at It!

Preface: I haven't been writing much at all this year!! My life is in the middle of a fast-moving current of change. But, today I saw the #fmf topic of "heal" and, I was hooked. Ready, set, go...

For 3 years now we have had our young adult daughter and her daughter living with us. It has been wonderful. It has been crazy. It wasn't what we had imagined. But, the blessings from having them in our home have been more than we could count. 

Grandchildren are a reminder of so many things...
what things were like when you were a young parent... the joy in hearing first words & seeing first steps & sharing first foods & so much more. 

Through the past 3 years we have been able to heal from the years of pain & sadness that we experience as a family. Recently, we have had a problem with our Little picking at little boo boo's -- to the point that they will not heal. We've told her over & over that the injury will not be able to heal without time and her not picking at it. 

What a great life lesson. For some things in life to "heal", we often need to step away & stop rehashing the injustices. We need to stop picking at it. 

This is what the Sovereign lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved...  In quietness and confidence is your strength. Isaiah 30:15


Stop picking at things... and let them HEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment