Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

23 March 2016

Listen, Trust and Obey

Today, and in this season of my life, I am focusing on three words:
  • Listen
  • Trust
  • Obey
I am repeating them to myself frequently... in that order. And, I'm reviewing what
each of those words means to me. 
Listen... Listen closely for the voice of the Father. Make myself available to His voice. Make a conscious effort to hush the noise of the world around me... to loosen my grip on my desire to control the future... to spend quiet time daily before Him in the Word and in prayer. 
Trust... Trust that God will clearly speak to me and that I will hear His voice. Trust in the knowledge that nothing that happens ever surprises my God - even if it totally catches me off guard. Trust that He is already working on things that will make my future path smoother as I continue my journey here.  
Obey... Obey what I hear the Lord telling me to do or NOT to do.... speak when I should speak; be silent when I should be silent. Obey His words even if they don't make sense to me or seem difficult to do. Obey with a joyful heart - knowing that His plans are for my good and for the good of His kingdom. 
So, I will continue daily to process some of the decisions and choices that need to be made... all while I LISTEN... TRUST... and OBEY!


LISTEN
Your own ears will hear Him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go, whether to the right or to the left.” Isaiah 30:21 NLT

TRUST
“Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you.” Psalms 37:5 NLT

OBEY
“Whether we like it or not, we will obey the LORD our God to whom we are sending our plea. For if we obey him, everything will turn out well for us.” Jeremiah 42:6 NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment