With the more demanding schedule, comes an added dose of stress. And, I'm not a fan of stress - having let it have full-rein of my life in my younger days. So, along the way, I've learned that certain things have to be sacrificed for other things to fit into the schedule. Three things on the cutting block (three of my favorite things) have been:
I started a blog post the other day about the friends I have whom I've never really met face-to-face. It's a draft now. In this dangerous age of the internet, should we really get to be friends with people whom we've never seen?? Regardless of the answer to that question, I feel a bond (in my heart) with several people whom I only know through a social media or blogging presence. Truth be told, some of those "strangers" have proven to be more encouraging, open & honest with me that many of my "real friends". One such friend posted this on Facebook today about the New Year. And, I received his permission to share it. I trust you will enjoy it & that it will be thought provoking to you as it was to me. Take a few moments to read it before you walk into 2016!
A new year is approaching and I ask that we all take a little time to show love to the gifts in our life!
Those people who instantly make us feel special, inspired, or more important. They light up a room just by walking in. They're a gift, not only to us but to the world around them. Unfortunately, our own Ego’s don’t allow us to show them love they so desperately need.
If you have one of these special people in your life stop right now and honor them. Let them know that they are prized by you. If you don’t you could lose them and trust me we all need them more than we know.
If you still can't recognize that person in your life, here are 5 traits of people who are a GIFT to us all:
Also, heads up. Being a gift is pricey, sometimes it keeps them from having the things we take for granted. So, if you see a need in their life that you can fulfill please do. Don't ask them -- just do it. Accepting anything is hard for these people.
- They listen way more than they talk, and they don't practice selective hearing.
- They give before they receive--and often they never receive, are never self-important…
- They shine the spotlight on others, not only will people appreciate and praise you, you’ll feel better just having them around to care enough to pay attention to what they're doing.
- They choose their words. They instinctively, know the words we use impact the attitude of others and they go out of their way to help other people feel better about themselves.
- They don't discuss the failings of others... But they readily admit their failings.
I hope you all have a great new year!Syed
Now, don't you wish you could find some great NEW friends like that for the coming year :)
Many blessings to you & yours. May you leave behind that which would drag you down or keep you from seeing and reaching for the blessings available to you in the coming year! Have a great 2016!