Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

05 October 2015

sunrise thoughts 05 October 2015

One of the best (and sometimes worst) things about living close to the White River and being surrounded by fields & streams is MORNING FOG! We tend to have more
in the spring. But, we get it year round too. And, this morning was a beautiful, cool, foggy morning. After a busy weekend, it was refreshing to being this week with a foggy Monday morning. The cooler morning made the walkabout comfortable & the mist over the fields was so peaceful. The grassland by Barb's Brook was covered with dew & seemed to fade into the distant fog. It was similar to a land of make-believe and fairy tales.

The fog usually demands a slower start to the morning. Those driving to work have to leave earlier & drive more slowly. The worker's in the fields have to be more cautious as they move equipment & prepare to work the land. It even seems like the animals start off a bit more laid back. 

As I returned from the walkabout, I headed out to the garden to pick some veggies while it was still cool out. The hens were out in their run. Their feathers were puffed out due to the cool air. Three of them were hanging out on top of the "Spa" enjoying a lazy start to this cool, misty morning. 

No need to stress over the speed of the start of the day. Sometimes the days which start out the slowest end up being the best.


Writing daily for the month of October with the write31days community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment