Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

04 June 2015

#JoyDare No. 3600. The Colors of Spring

The count began in January of 2012.. The assignment: Make note of three things each day that bring a smile to your face or heart. Jot those down. Ann Voskamp called it a "Joy Dare" in her book, One Thousand Gifts. I took the dare three and a half years ago and... I hit 3600 with this one...

       #JoyDare No. 3600 - the colors of spring

I struggle with depression and anxiety pretty badly in the winter. I long for the warmth of the sun - which I had in my childhood in the mountains of North Carolina & on the beaches of south Florida in my teens & 20's. Now I am "stuckinindiana"  Despite the fact that I'm vigilant about doing what I can to minimize the crazy feelings in the winter, I still long for the SUN, new life, and COLOR. Those things come to me here with the spring.

I was reminded today by the lovely colors of flowers around our little country home that I really feel HAPPY when I see the colors of spring. I'm grateful that the previous owner (and builder) of our current home planted a ton of perennials. When early spring is here and most people are running out to get things ready for planting, I'm still struggling with my energy levels. Thanks to the previous owner, I'm greeted in early spring with beautiful & fragrant flowers, shrubs and trees! My energy level goes up & summer feels even closer :)


What brought a smile to your face or your heart today? It doesn't have to be BIG to feel BIG when you give thanks for it! You might want to try listing a few things each day that make you feel blessed, happy, less stressed, wiser, better, etc.  I bet you'll like it!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment