Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

09 April 2015

A Mother's Heart

I've written this before... and I say it again today... if we truly LOVE those we claim we LOVE, we must let them own and share their own stories... on their own time and in their own way. It's especially hard when the other person's story, their choices, their actions so greatly affected our lives.

But, I continue to believe that a person's story is their own to share when they feel ready. I still have secrets from the past that I've not written about... some I've not even spoken of. It's sobering to realize that every one - even those resting high up on pedestals towering above us - have parts of their past that they choose to leave in the past.

Today, as I was creating "pairings" for the stuckinindiana Facebook page, I came across a picture which I felt would be the perfect match for a lullaby. I thought of a haunting song from my past by Fernando Ortega but, couldn't remember the actual name of the song. I searched through Fernando Ortega lyrics and settled on the chorus of "Prayer for Home" from his album entitled "Home".

Once the pairing was done though, I couldn't seem to rest until I heard that song again -- the one which I listened to over & over on numerous sleepless nights. So, I found my "This Bright Hour" CD from Fernando Ortega and played the song. The CD was given to me in the last months of my father's life in 2002 as he battled cancer. Since then, it's brought comfort, inspiration & encouragement through many storms of life.

Below are the lyrics to "Anita's Heart". I don't know if this was written from a real life experience. But, I can say that for almost 5 years, it was my prayer. For those of you walking a dark & maybe dangerous journey with those whom you love deeply... BE ENCOURAGED! God is always fighting on your behalf & on their behalf... and for the GOOD!

I've place the YouTube link to this song at the bottom of the page. Take a listen & share this post if it touches your heart.

Anita's Heart

Songwriters:  Rubenstein, Elaine J; Schreiner, John Andrew; and Ortega, Juan Fernando
She tells you how her canyon walks
Can ease a mother's fear
The trails and big groves comfort her
She feels close to God out there

But that's just how she makes it through
She's given up a lot inside
And even in those spreading trees
She'll still break down and cry

She's praying again her daughter
Will land with both feet on the ground
Nobody knows which way she'll go
Or if she'll ever come around


Maybe this time she'll finally find
The pieces that have come apart
And there'll be no more breaking
No more breaking, either heart

She carries around a photograph
Of her beautiful, coltish girl
In a big white shirt, her head tossed back
A free spirit in this world

You want to forget all that she's done
And all she's compromised
You can close your eyes and believe that now
She's the same girl in disguise

She's praying again her daughter
Will land with both feet on the ground
Nobody knows, which way she'll go
Or if she'll ever come around


Maybe this time she'll finally find
The pieces that have come apart
And there'll be no more breaking
No more breaking, either heart

Her mother's heart, wide as the sea
Would rock her back on a rising tide
She cradles the memory then lets it go
She has to leave the girl behind

She's praying again her daughter
Will land with both feet on the ground
Nobody knows, which way she'll go
Or if she'll ever come around


Maybe this time she'll finally find
The pieces that have come apart
And there'll be no more breaking
There'll be no more breaking
There'll be no more breaking
No more breaking, either heart




The pairing I did with a slight paraphrase of the above lyrics... A Mother's Heart...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment