Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

26 February 2015

That's NOT My Job

That's NOT my job! Have you ever heard or SAID that??
  • It's not my responsibility to clean up YOUR messes.
  • My job description does not require me to do that.
  • It's not my job to raise YOUR children.
  • They pay people to do THAT.
  • That's below a person in my position.
I can think of so many scenarios where it is easy to say or think... that's NOT my job! We've all done it. But, what about the things that literally are not our job? How about the things we carry around that should have been left behind us... long ago in the past. Sometimes we take on more responsibilities in our "job" of life that really aren't ours to carry. Have you ever stopped to say...

I wonder how much of what weighs
me down isn't even
mine to carry?
It's true, there are burdens which each of us must bear. But, we don't have to carry the full weight of those burdens ourselves. We have family... friends... co-workers... neighbors... friends from our house of faith... and more. There are people around us who are willing to help us carry the load -- sometimes desiring to help another out.

As C. S. Lewis said...

In summary, don't pick up what's NOT yours to carry. And, disperse the weight of your burdens wisely. We are meant to live in community. Don't be too quick to say or think, "That's NOT my job!"

No comments:

Post a Comment