Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

07 October 2014

I'll Show You Mine If...

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours. That statement comes with some not so great images. Perhaps I should have titled this post "I Told You So" or "Just Keepin' It Real" or "My House is Messier Than Your House" or "When Guests Come Over, I Hide Things in the Shower". Today's post is being written & photographed... and then I'm going to see what I can accomplish around the house besides reading & writing for #write31days :)


I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours...


The house is partially decorated for fall
with summer things sitting alongside --
until they get put away...
Painting by our resident artist
Ceramics by our resident artist
more ceramics and... 
The kitchen sink is full - as is the counter beside it...

The laundry room has 2 loads of clean clothes
waiting on the top of the dryer to be folded.
The dryer holds one more load
which will come out when there's a place for it. 


The floors are littered with cardboard books, dolls & stuffed animals... 



A Pack N Play sits in the great room.
It serves as a huge toy box.
It can no longer HOLD our little climber inside... 


A baby LIVES here...

There are NO LESS THAN 150 oil & acrylic paintings
leaning against walls in practically EVERY room of the house.
(That's another story there!) 




 An artist LIVES here... 


And, let's not even talk about the Christmas tree topper
which is still politely sitting in the corner of the dining room
beside things we no longer use for the baby.

It's in the top left corner
behind the baby bath...
Just so you know how I really feel about my home... I wish it was a little more organized around here... but, in this season, I'm okay with it. ABOUT YOUR HOME, I don't think ANYONE should feel pressured to PUBLICLY share their dirt with anyone - unless they choose to do so. Just because I'm giving you a peek inside my world today, doesn't mean you have to do the same. And in my opinion, it's perfectly fine to keep certain doors closed when you have visitors in (whether they be family members or the neighborhood book club).

After all, we aren't living in museums. We are living real life in real homes!

Linked with the Nesting Place community through the write31days challenge, October 2014 - post No 7.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that your house is cluttered with art! Thats much better than unused exercise equipment or old magazines. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't happen to post pics of my bedroom closet floor OR the floor beside my bed this time. A person can only handle SO MUCH disclosure at a time :D Thanks for stopping by Melissa!!

      Delete