Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

30 May 2014

PAIRINGS - Goodness & Beauty

 I walked outside my door today & took in the goodness & beauty which surrounds me. And, I was once again reminded not to minimize the "little things" placed right in my view! Things like huge, aromatic peonies lining the east wall of our home & lush green ivy covering the ground in the shady areas where grass would not grow well & lilies which come each spring -- lilies which were gifts to the former woman of the house from her two children. I see the birds returning to our outside hanging plants to nest again this year. I hear the horses in the neighboring pasture dashing across the field green & ready for grazing this spring. In our 4th spring here, none of these things are new to me. Yet, not one of them fails to bring a sense of joy & wonder. 

Each one of these "little things" can bring a lot of joy. Let us not forget...  
"How great is His goodness, and how great is His beauty..." Zechariah 9:17

No comments:

Post a Comment