Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

08 July 2013

Me... The motivated, effective person

I'm reminded daily (okay, multiple times daily) that I am a very flawed individual. Thankfully, the Lord constantly reminds me, when I'm seeking His direction in all that I do, my "flawed being" can & will be used by Him. That doesn't make me perfect OR make everything I do just right. But, it does give me the assurance that God is at work in me moment by moment... to convict, to make pliable, to mold & shape... to use in His big plan. One of my nieces who is attending AU posted a great quote a few days back on Facebook. It really spoke to me:

"If we have the idea that we have to put on our 'spiritual face' before we can come near to God, then we will never come near to Him. We must come as we are." - Oswald Chambers
In a recent 4-day holiday weekend, I awoke in the wee hours of the morning every single day. Yep, on the days when the LOML (aka hubby) could sleep in beside me, I was wide awake before 5am! The motivated, effective person would get out of bed & get a jump start on the day. That's not me though -- at least not lately. So, I quietly stayed in bed, reading all the devotions I get via email in my FOUR accounts. I saved quotes, copied photos & read passages of the Bible related to each devotional. I refused to get up & about totally. I chose to catch a few more minutes of shut-eye when my body became sleepy again - usually around 7 to 8am. Then, I let my husband be my alarm clock when he woke up & made coffee for us.


I could have fretted about what I did & beat myself up for being so lazy. If I told my MOTHER about what I'd done, she'd lower her head & shake it in shame. And, to be honest, I should have used some of that time to do a few other things... but, I didn't. The choice I made gave me the opportunity to call out to God & move forward. God uses even our wasted time when we give it over to Him :) And, sometimes our wasted time isn't really that wasted in God's eyes.

I love God! He's all about grace :)  I want to be like that too, recognizing that God is working for good in all situations - even the horrendous ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment