Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

15 July 2013

I Can't Stop Singing That Song!

Does anyone else go to a movie, musical or play & get the musical score stuck in their head? "Les Miserables" has been sung around our home a LOT lately... and not just by me. From time to time a song from the radio will be stuck in my head & I keep singing or humming it. 

The other Sunday at church we sang a song which was introduced to our congregation as a choir song quite a few years ago. It has taken its place among the songs we now sing from time to time as a congregation.

Take a listen to "How Can I Keep from Singing" from Chris Tomlin:





There was another song I sang back in the 80's (yes, I'm old) that had the same effect on me. Some of the lyrics were:

If we keep our voices silent, all creation will rise & shout. 
If we fail to praise our Father, then will the very rocks will cry out.
I thank God that in the smooth times & in the rough times, a song still stirs in my heart.


"The birds don’t sing because they like to hear themselves sing.
They sing because they have a song."
 ~ Lou Holtz 

How about you? What songs are stuck in your heart today?


No comments:

Post a Comment