Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

28 September 2012

Taking it Easy While Working Hard

Today, I've been thinking about how busy I am for not having a real job... and how BLESSED I am to be able to do what I do - a little writing, a lot of volunteering, a TINY bit of gardening, being a stay-at-home wife (& mom), participating in community events & church events, etc.
If God can do laundry... so can I :)
(gotta love The Far Side)
God never fails to bless me -- on a very personal & tangible basis -- when I give my time to His children in love.  I love the Lord & I love my church family at Madison Park. I love being connected to non-believers in my neighborhood & community. God designed every one of us & that makes every person very special in His eyes.

No matter what we do (a butcher, a baker or a candlestick maker), the Bible says we should do it with 100% of our effort - as if to the Lord. A few great scriptures about working hard...

  • "Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically." Romans 12:11 
  • "This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers." 1 Timothy 4:10
  • "Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15
I'm busy & get worn out (and occasionally frustrated) but, I am at peace when I am doing the things I believe God has put on my schedule each day.  And... "so I will work hard to make sure you always remember these things after I am gone." 2 Peter 1:15 

There's nothing better than sharing GOD'S LOVE & HIS GOOD NEWS!

No comments:

Post a Comment