Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

13 May 2012

I'm a Mom! Life Could Not Be Better

Life could not be better... oh, how I've longed to say those words! Right now, I don't feel as if I'll ever feel differently.  We are now the parents of a beautiful little (well, 8lbs 10oz birth-weight) girl.  


back in the day
All the worries of pre-term labor at 28 weeks... 

All the time spent on my back in bed for the past few months...  

The intense, albeit brief, pain of 100% natural labor - yes, NO MED'S AT ALL... 

Yet, at this moment I feel like life could not be better.

My struggle with depression nearly vanished when those pregnancy hormones, in full force, kicked in about 6-7 months ago.  Instead of the horrible case of "Baby Blues" I anticipated, I'm filled with hope, excitement, peace, happiness!  How could life be better!

Will I go on feeling this way?  It's unlikely.  Time has taught me that we all face struggles.  Struggling has taught me that I can become stronger from the struggle.  The hardest times in my life so far have resulted in some of the best times of growth.  I look back on the bad times & see so much good that came from those times.

who knows what the future holds
But, is the anticipation of something less than today's wonderful feeling going to rob me of the joy of this moment? Absolutely NOT!  For this moment in time, I am overjoyed.  In future days when life is rough, I'm going to look back at THIS DAY & others where I was filled with joy!

Life can be really hard.  But, it's a gift.  

And, God is always SO GOOD!  He's the giver of ALL good gifts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment