Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

07 April 2012

Seeing in the Dark

On Good Friday, my mind wonders what must have filled the minds & hearts of those who walked with Jesus on this day 2000+ years ago. And, the famous (and often painfully true) statement, “Hind-sight is 20/20,” comes to mind. 

It's so easy for me to look back from our world’s 2000+ years of separation from that night & think I might have possibly seen “God’s big plan” in the happenings of those long hours. But, I’ve had the benefit of seeing thousands of years of God’s faithfulness & still find myself questioning the outcome when I don’t understand God’s plan. 

Jesus became sin. He took on my sins, the sins of mankind in a way that no one could understand. They wanted a hero then. They wanted their king on the throne – in their day. Often I don’t understand why I’m walking through the really rough times. It's like I'm stumbling through the dark. I don’t see the wonderful outcome that God sees. I don't see much of anything in the darkness.  I want the answer now… in the ways that make sense to me. 

The song, "Bow the Knee", has some fantastic lyrics:
When you don’t understand the purpose of His plan - in the presence of the King, bow the knee. 
Trust the heart of your Father when the answer goes beyond what you can see. bow the knee. 
Lift your eyes toward heaven and believe the One who holds eternity. Bow the knee.
So often I just don’t understand! In those times, I need to bow the knee & trust Him.

Especially this day - Good Friday - I'm grateful for God bringing new life from burning ruble. I await the miracle. I can’t wait to say on Easter Sunday, “He is Risen. He is Risen Indeed!”


No comments:

Post a Comment