Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

16 December 2011

Not Taking My Lights Down ANYTIME Soon!

Jesus is the Reason for the Season. I'm pretty sure you've heard that statement. I'm a firm believer that the excitement of Christ's coming to this earth is too great to celebrate in just a few weeks. I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't take the Christmas tree down on the 26th of December (or the 26th of January, for that matter). I love sitting by a lit tree in the winter months. It reminds me of the light & hope found in my life - as a result of my relationship with God. 

In the coming weeks, as you approach the beginning of a new year & as you walk into that new year, continue to think back on how the coming of Christ fulfilled centuries of prophesy & promises. Whether you put all the decorations away or not, continue to reflect upon the wonderful gift that was given to us -- in the form of a tiny baby in a manger. A gift that should be celebrated in our hearts every day. 

Some great prophesies & promises from Isaiah 9...
  • 
    The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light:
    they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death,
    upon them hath the light shined
    Isaiah 9:2
    The time of darkness & despair will not go on forever... there will be a time in the future filled with glory... (vs. 1)
  • The people who walk in darkness will see a great light.. for those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine... (vs. 2)
  • Yokes of slavery & heavy burdens will be lifted... (vs. 4)
  • A child shall be born to us... the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
  • His government & its peace will never end... He'll rule with fairness & justice for all eternity... The passionate, commitment of the LORD of Heaven's Armies will make this happen... (vs. 7)



Don't let the light, love & peace that come from Christ be diminished by the circumstances in your life OR by the changing of the seasons. His light, His love & His peace are freely available each day of the year!

Merry Christmas Friends!  May God's Light Shine Down & Illuminate Your Path!

(written 12/16/11)




6 comments:

  1. Good morning from your next door neighbor at Anita's! Love your emphasis on light ... for we need His light more than ever in our hearts and in this world.

    Blessings to you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment :) You are SO RIGHT... the world needs His light. Have a blessed Christmas season!!

      Delete
  2. " His light, His love & His peace are freely available each day of the year!" I'm so thankful this is true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thought Gayl. I too am very grateful for those blessings. May your Christmas season be full of reminders of His love!

      Delete
  3. Our tree of HOPE (an artificial pencil tree) is up all year-round. It is always lit from November through the winter months and then on gloomy days the other months. It is a reminder that in the darkest of times, The Lord gives HOPE. Hope is my testimony so it is only fitting I have a tree of hope in our living room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that idea Susan! We have this HOPE as an anchor to our soul!! Many blessings on you & yours this blessed season!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete