Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

14 April 2012

Stuck in the Mud or Firmly Planted??


Photo by T. Getz
Have you noticed the following in your life, as I have? 

Life has a way of beating us down. 

Yet, God has a way of building us up. 

I was raised by a Church of God minister (and minister's wife/missionary's daughter). The things I learned from them that have made the largest impact on me as an adult were not the "sermons" they presented in words but, the "sermons" they presented with their actions & reactions to life's circumstances.  


My mom & dad went through a lot of challenges & changes in their married life serving God side-by-side. They weathered many storms. Why?  Because their feet were planted firmly! 

"The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against the house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."

When the storms of life beat us around, we have assurance that we will make it since our feet are firmly planted on "the rock" - Jesus Christ! 

On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand. All other ground is sinking sand!

Keep your feet firmly planted!

No comments:

Post a Comment