Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 February 2011

I Don't Need Help!



Photo by T. Getz
 Life is often difficult. And, I find myself wanting to figure things out on my own instead of asking God what to do. I want to figure out what's best. I've been through a lot. I've learned a lot. I've got this one covered God. 


Yet, I'm reminded daily in God's Word that my dependence upon Him is where my strength lies. 


When I read His Word, He is faithful to show me things... guide me... comfort me... strengthen me! 


Let my heart cry be the words found in Psalm 119:59-60... "I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow your statutes. I will hurry, without lingering, to obey your commands."

NOTE TO SELF:  Your energy needs to be spent on seeking God instead of trying to slay your own dragons!

(written on 11Feb2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment