Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 March 2010

Opinionated Me :)

You know all those scriptures about God working through tough circumstances and bad things? Well, I have some opinions on thatI can't say it's exactly how GOD thinks about it but, it's my understanding & belief at this time. 

I look at God as a loving Father, one who cherishes His children. 
Matthew 7:11 "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" 

I look at Him as planning for the BEST for us in the future and in the long run - eternity. I take hope in those plans & trust in them. I try to so as the song says, I think I'll let God be God. 
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." 

Seeing down the road of life can get "foggy."
Trust the ONE who sees beyond the fog!
I believe He allows things to happen in our lives but, no matter what happens that He will work GOOD through it -- if we will allow Him to do that. There's just something about the "little girl heart" in me that doesn't feel like God PUTS bad things in my life. 
I love the story about Joseph -- you know, the one whose own brothers beat him & sold him into slavery. When Joseph was confronted by his brothers later asking for help from the brother whom they didn't then recognize, Joseph had some choices to make. He had every right to be upset with them & "give them what they deserved". 
Instead he said in Genesis 50:20, "As far as I am concerned, God turned into good what you meant for evil. He brought me to the position I have today so I could save the lives of many people." 

I believe Satan is working overtime to persecute us & cause us to stumble. I think he wants to ravage our bodies... our minds... our spirits! 
John 10:10 "The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life."

Despite that, if we will allow God, He WILL turn into good what was meant for evil & we can be put in a position to save others -- sometimes by merely bringing glory to God regardless of our circumstances. Sometime it's harder to do that than other times. But, a day to day relationship with God gives strength to do what we need to do each day. A new beginning each morning in Christ allows forgiveness, healing, restoration, renewal and the ability to be used by God and for His kingdom!

(14Mar10)


No comments:

Post a Comment