Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

01 July 2009

Sometimes I Get SO Tired

photo by Tom Getz
I'm tired -- are you?  I'm tired in ways that make sense. But, I'm tired in ways that no sense at all to most people. I struggle with depression & anxiety issues.  I'm not SAD... I'm just tired. The most mundane things often take insurmountable strength to even begin. Lately the demands of life have been big & non-stop in my world.

Thankfully, I boldly claim the words in the Bible as promises which will not be broken. They bring me strengthening JOY!

"So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time." ...as spoken by God in Galatians 6:9 

I take things one day at a time (sometimes one moment at a time).  It helps that way.  God always seems to give me the strength to accomplish what I feel He is telling me to do.  So, I press on toward the goal... taking it moment by moment on some days and relying on many of God's promises, like this one:
 "As your days, so shall your strength be." Deuteronomy 33:25b
Keep up the work for God with strength & direction that only come from Him!

Rest in Him with me, knowing that He will renew our spirits in accordance with:
"In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength."  Isaiah 30:15 


Shared with the Ann Voskamp 1000 Gifts Community on 10/10/12
Happy Birthday to ME today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment