Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

30 April 2018

A Picture Speaks a Thousand Words

If one picture speaks a thousand words, how much is spoken as you pour over years & years of memories captured of a loved one who has gone on? 

Just recently two pretty amazing people in our area went on to receive their heavenly reward. Both individuals had
made a profound affect on this area. Neither was particularly "famous" but, they had become cherished by so many people in our community and beyond. 

The grieving families were not related by blood yet, had several connections through our local churches and businesses. At separate locations, each grieving family received lines and lines of people paying respect to them and the memory their loved one. As people quietly waited in line, they passed carefully selected photos of the ones who had gone on. Hundreds of photos were displayed during the visitation and service times. Hundreds of memories were recalled.

The two who passed were about the age of my parents. In their younger days there weren't smart phones or home printers to capture so many memories and, people didn't post pictures on social media. A lot of the earlier photos were shot in studios or for the church directory or school events. Some of the recent pictures were taken from the pages of Facebook, Instagram, etc. 

How grateful we can be for pictures captured and memories made which continue to remind us of the loved ones who are no longer walking this road of life with us.

"I still miss you as the days and years pass. I still miss you as the pain of grief softens. I still miss you as new memories are made. I still miss you as I smile and laugh. I still miss you today and everyday. I still miss you."
~ Tanya Lord #quote

2 comments:

  1. Picture albums, scrapbooking have almost become things of the past and I find that seriously sad. As we begin to pack up boxes of "stuff" I find photos and albums and artistically done scrapbooks. I'm blessed to have them. Good post.

    ReplyDelete