Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

21 June 2019

question ... Five Minute Friday 6-21-19

Five Minute Friday, 21 June 2019
The word: question      

For the past 18 months, I've been battling a huge question... "Where were you in all of this God... when things started to unravel."

For the first time that I can remember in my adult life, I've been thrown by a situation which occurred that was in direct violation with what I felt was the Lord's will. I did everything humanly & spiritually possible to make sure that I felt the Lord's hand upon this situation since mid 2012. And... I had a total peace about what was happening & what I felt was God's will to happen. 

But then... in late 2017, it began to unravel. The process was pretty fast... but, felt like it stopped time. During that time, I continued to pray for the will of the Lord - feeling & believing that I knew what that was. But, when all was said & done... things didn't work out as I had hoped, prayed, desired...
"Where were you in all of this God..."
Though my world was shaken... and continues to feel unsteady, I am not giving up on the faithfulness of the Lord. I am trusting that He sees down the road and that He is at work in all of this.

BONUS: A great video from Mercy Me and exactly how I have felt...
Word of God Speak
Love the quote below and have shared it several times over on the "When You're STUCKinindiana Facebook page".


God is always present, always at work, so there are no God-forsaken situations, only situations that have been forsaken by His followers. God is answering our question with another one,
"I’m right here; where are you?'” ~ Mark DeVries  #quotes



#FiveMinuteFriday

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I am going to download that quote to my phone. Your post has prompted me to get a little personal here. I felt that way about my marriage. My husband was physically abusive. I prayed that He would repent and come to know God in a real and personal way, but things did not work out the way I hoped and our marriage ended in divorce. This is the reason your words and the Mark DeVries quote encourages me so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping & commenting Liz. Life can be SO HARD. I am constantly reminded of how we are to have faith like little children. When they believe something good... it's nearly impossible for them to see it any other way. I want to be like that with my trust & belief in an all-knowing, all loving Father God!

      Delete
  2. Yes, this. I've been shaken and have been stuck over the last 3 years in my relationship (or lack thereof) with God. Trying to find my way back. I continue to believe that He is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in my prayers Barbie. I don't know what I would do without the love of our God... it's unconditional and unending. There are many times when I don't necessarily FEEL that. But, God waits patiently on me... like the father waiting on the porch for his child to return home (in Luke 15). LOVE & PRAYERS, c

      Delete
  3. IT's a good question. I want to do a study about When God is Silent.
    I wrote a series of devotions called How Long, Oh Lord. Trying to finish a few more and puclish a devotional. If you would like access to them, I can give you that.

    ReplyDelete