Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

30 October 2013

HOPE, Angels Watching Over Us 10-30-13

When my children were babies, I would sing them to sleep with several songs. One of my favorite songs back then is being sung a lot in my home again these days. I'm not even sure where I learned it. But, here's how I sing it:


All night, all day, angels watching over me my Lord, 
All night, all day, angels watching over me. 

Now I lay me down to sleep,
Angels watching over me, my Lord.
Pray the Lord my soul to keep.
Angels watching over me. 

All night, all day, angels watching over me my Lord.
All night, all day, angels watching over me.

If I should die before I wake,
Angels watching over me, my Lord.
Pray the Lord my soul to take,
Angels watching over me.

All night, all day, angels watching over me my Lord.
All night, all day, angels watching over me.

Those are comforting words - knowing that the Lord's angels are watching over us around the clock.


Our first child was a girl - whom, at some point, I began calling Angel. She's almost 24 now & I can still be heard calling her Angel from time to time. Over the years, I have given her a few angel figurines & gotten a few for myself. I'm always reminded of the promises of God when I see angels. They are with us, watching over us, wherever we go!!
"He has put his angels in charge of you to watch over you wherever you go." Psalm 91:11 NCV
And, I am so touched by the love of the Father for children:
“Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.” Matthew 18:10 NLT
I believe that God has angels watching over each of us. The Bible tells of how they protect us, encourage us, guide us... all at the direction of God.

When I think of the day I'll be a part of the celebration in heaven, my heart leaps with joy...
"Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Revelation 5:11-12 NIV
Linking October 2013 with The Nesting Place
 for the 31-day Challenge

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...

No comments:

Post a Comment