Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

16 December 2011

I Was Created to REST

(written 12/15/11)
Really... ?  Did I say that aloud?  I was created to REST.  But, the truth is we were ALL created to rest.  We weren't created by God to be on-the-go 24/7.

In Isaiah 30:15 the Sovereign LORD says: "Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength."


Sometimes we just need to put our feet up & rest!

Resting not only allows us to take a break from the things which are making life hectic but, it allows us to regain strength & focus to face the coming challenges.  The Bible also says in the 3rd chapter of Ecclesiastes that there is a season for everything under the sun (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Ecc&c=3&v=1&t=NLT#1).  It doesn't say that everything is right for every season.  Some seasons of life, God wants us to rest from certain things... resting in His arms & learning from our time of rest with Him. Some seasons He wants us to put our heads down & work at something specific to fulfill His plan.

I'm pretty sure, in the generation prior to mine, it was typically difficult to REST without feeling lazy or non-productive.  The other side of that though is the urge REST too much.  Obviously, there's a balance.  Just one more reason why we need to allow the Lord to order our steps daily.  Psalm 119:33 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Psa&c=119&t=NKJV#vrsn/133)

Listen to Him.  He'll let you know when to rest, when to be productive.  The key is to LISTEN & OBEY... and don't forget to rest! 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment