Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

04 August 2011

When Will I Be Loved?

Do you remember crawling up on the lap of a loving grandparent or parent as a small child & knowing that you were completely safe?  In the trials of life, do you ever feel like you'd like to be that little kid again?  I know that I have those moments.  

Photo by T. Getz

There's a song I could NOT get out of my head one of my sleepless nights earlier this week.  It was written by George Mathesen in 1882 and entitled, "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go."  Some of my favorite lyrics from that are below:
O love that will not me go, I rest my weary soul in Thee. I give Thee back the life I owe. That in Thine ocean's depths it's flow may richer, fuller be.  
Oh joy that seeketh me through pain, I cannot close my heart to Thee. I trace the rainbow through the rain. And feel the promise is not vain - that morn shall tearless be.
I'm so blessed to be one of God's children and to be a recipient of His love that will not let me go & His joy that seeketh me in pain. The Bible says that God loves us like his own children. God's love is complete & unconditional & perfect.  What a privilege!
  • How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1a
  • The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs-- heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.  Romans 8:16-17
  • If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:11
How wonderful to know that no matter how young we are OR how old we get, we can still crawl into the arms of the Father & rest in safety and peace.  His love - that is without condition - will never let us go.
I am loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment