Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

28 October 2016

Thank Goodness He Takes Care of the Simple-Minded - #write31days 10-28-16

When I was a very young child, I remember my grandmother exclaiming, "Thank goodness the Lord takes care of the simple-minded!". This was right after she was informed that my 6 year old cousin had snuck out of her house & crossed the street to play at the city park. I knew she was referring to my cousin & remember wondering what simple-minded meant.

Well, time marches on & the term simple-minded isn't used any more. But, I have always thought the term was a bit funny and have always thought myself to be simple-minded about certain things :) Throughout life, as I have made senseless mistakes or felt insecure or insufficient in my actions or abilities, I've seen the Lord protect me and help me out. So many times my mind went back to grandma's "scripture" .

Today I almost missed out on something and thought, "If I was paying more attention, I would have known about that". I was extremely frustrated that I was so forgetful about certain things. And, then I quickly thanked the Lord for pointing it out to me. And, I said what my grandmother said that one day. "Thank goodness the Lord takes care of the simple-minded!"

Well, here are a few translations of what my grandmother had said. These are from the Bible, Psalm 116:6:
  • The Lord preserves the simple. NKJV
  • God takes the side of the helpless. The Message
  • God protects those of childlike faith. NLT
  • The Lord protects the unwary. NIV
So...
Q: What did I almost miss out on?

Dancing with the children on the green screen at the
WFYI Members Halloween Party :)
A: The annual Members Halloween Party at WFYI in Indianapolis... GOOD TIMES :)

Fellow believers... don't stress about your short-comings... God has your back!!

5 Minute Free-For-All - Thank Goodness He Takes Care of the Simple-Minded - #write31days 10-28-16

No comments:

Post a Comment