Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 April 2011

I Don't Really Like "Worship" at Our Church -- Just the Sermon


Photo taken by T. Getz
 Hello Church-Goers Out There :)

How many times have you heard someone from church say something like this, "I don't really like the "worship part" of the service. I come for the Word... the sermon."

What is worship? It's not just the music part of the church before the "real stuff" of the service, the sermon. It's not predicated on whether we particularly enjoy the style, rhythm & presentation of each song. Worship is offered up to God in honesty by each person individually.  It's what each of us does every moment of our lives to bring honor to God.  Yes, we need to hear the sermon from God's Word.  But, we must also offer up our own worship. When we seek Him daily, we worship Him by showing Him his worth in our life. When we seek Him, we find Him. Deuteronomy 4:29 says "... from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

When we worship God, we praise Him -through our words, deeds, thoughts... through our lives. Psalm 145: says, "I will praise the LORD, and everyone on earth will bless his holy name forever and forever."

(written 07 Jan 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment